2021-October-27: Updated School Quarantine Guidance
The administrative team completed its review of the district’s mask policy and the quarantine options released this week by the Ohio Department of Health, and determined the following:
- Masks and face coverings will no longer be required for students, staff, and visitors while on school property, starting Friday October 29. Anyone who chooses to wear a mask may continue to do so.
- Masks and face coverings will still be required while riding the school bus, per federal guidelines.
- The new “Mask to Stay/Test to Play” quarantine options released by the Ohio Department of Health will also begin on Friday October 29. The new quarantine options apply only when exposed to COVID-19 in a school setting. Exposure to a positive COVID-19 case outside of school will require quarantine at home.
The new guidelines issued by ODH allow students and staff to remain in the classroom and attend extracurricular activities when they have been in direct contact with a positive COVID-19 case, if they do the following:
- Wear a mask for 10 days after the last date of exposure.
- Monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.
- Isolate and get tested if they start to experience symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- Discontinue quarantine procedures after seven days if they do not develop symptoms and produce a negative COVID-19 test administered on days 5.
COVID-19 tests can be either PCR or antigen tests, and must be proctored or observed to discontinue quarantine procedures after seven days. To be tested for COVID-19, please contact your healthcare provider or the Pike County Health Department at (740) 947-7721 and follow their instructions.
The administrative team will continue to monitor the number of active COVID-19 cases and absences related to COVID-19. The mask policy could be reinstated if there is a marked increase in active COVID-19 cases to ensure the safety of our students, staff, and visitors. If you are exhibiting symptoms associated with COVID-19, please contact your health care provider and do not come to school.