*Welcome to the Jr High Science Webpage*
Our goal is to prepare each student to succeed on the science portion of the Ohio Achievement Assessment. Hopefully this website can play a role in reaching this goal. Biology notes, study guides, important science links , and class updates can be found here. More links and science stuff may be added as this site continues to evolve.
** WHAT WE ARE DOING **
* BODY WORKS*
7TH GRADE 8TH GRADE
1st Quarter 3rd Quarter
* CLASSIFICATION * SCIENTIFIC METHODS
* ECOLOGY * REPRODUCTION
* NUTRIENT CYCLES * GENETICS
2nd Quarter 4th Quarter
* ECOSYSTEMS * EVOLUTION
* TYPES OF ENERGY * FORCES AND MOTION
* ALTERNATIVE ENERGY * TEST PREP
1. Tests - 100 pts
2. NotebookTest - 100 pts
3. Study Island - web based instruction; 20 pts each
4. Classwork and Labs - pts vary w/ assignment
5. Projects and Research Assignments - usually 100 pts
6. Science Fair - encouraged (extra credit)
# Bring a 3 ring or spiral bound notebook to class everyday.
# Keep class notes, science starters, study guides, and unit tests.
# A notebook test will be given at the conclusion of each grading period.
Please sign up for important messages and dates.
1. Push Notifications : rmd.at/mcroberts7 or rmd.at/mcroberts8
2. Text Notifications : text @mcroberts7 to 81010 or @mcroberts8 to 81010
1. Be prepared and on time.
2. Focus on the lesson. (no distractions)
3. Follow directions. (do as you are told)
4. No needless talking or other disruptions. (raise your hand and stay in your seat)
5. Respect self, others and property. (do not hurt people or things)
" SUCCESS IS THE MAXIMUM USE OF THE ABILITY YOU HAVE."
" ABILITY IS WHAT YOU'RE CAPABLE OF DOING, MOTIVATION DETERMINES WHAT YOU DO, ATTITUDE DETERMINES HOW WELL YOU DO IT ! "
~ COACH LOU HOLTZ
" WHETHER YOU THINK YOU CAN OR YOU CAN'T........... YOU ARE RIGHT!